Police find two bodies on fire hours apart in Philadelphia


Two dead people — a naked woman and a man in a smoldering car — were found on fire hours apart early Wednesday in Philadelphia, police said.

Cops got a call minutes after 6 a.m. for a “nude female on fire” in the 2300 block of Strawberry Mansion Drive inside the city’s 2,000-acre Fairmount Park. Firefighters responded and pronounced the woman dead, police said.

“No new details at this time,” Philadelphia police spokeswoman Officer Tanya Little told The Post in an email. “The investigation is very much in its early stages.”

The victim was not immediately identified and no arrests were made, police said.

An arson K-9 unit responded in the city’s Strawberry Mansion section, NBC Philadelphia reported. Officers blocked off the roadway as they investigated the suspicious death, which marked the second set of human remains found in fires across the city early Wednesday.

About six hours earlier, cops responded to an intersection in the Kensington neighborhood — more than 4 miles away — and found a car fully engulfed in flames, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

A man’s body was discovered inside the vehicle when the blaze was put out. The unidentified victim was pronounced dead at 12:55 a.m. and investigators had not announced any arrests, the Inquirer reported.

Authorities are investigating after a woman's body was found on fire in Philadelphia's Strawberry Mansion neighborhood, early on the morning of February 17, 2021.
Authorities are investigating after a woman’s body was found on fire in Philadelphia’s Strawberry Mansion neighborhood, early on the morning of February 17, 2021.
CBS Philly

Flames from the vehicle — a Cadillac sedan — were about 8 to 10 feet high, CBS Philadelphia reported.

“There was no license plate attached to the vehicle, none that we could find,” Police Chief Inspector Scott Small told the station. “However, we did locate the vehicle identification number and we ran that through our computer and the vehicle is registered about two miles from here in Philadelphia.”

Police did not immediately respond to an inquiry about whether the incidents are believed to be connected.

“We will provide updates as they become available,” Little wrote in an email to The Post.

Source link

Follow us on Google News