A Brooklyn man awaiting trial in the brutal caught-on-video beatdown of a 68-year-old man is now being sought for allegedly choking a woman at gunpoint weeks after making bail, sources said.
Zamori Simmons, 22, is still facing felony assault and robbery charges in the violent July mugging in Brooklyn, but was back on the streets after posting a $20,000 bond last month — only to allegedly strike again.
On Monday, Simmons allegedly attacked the 20-year-old woman in an apartment on 148th Street in Queens where he held a gun to her, put his hands around her neck and threatened to kill, sources told The Post Thursday.
Now, he’s on the run again — even as he’s due to return to court in the Brooklyn case on Jan. 24, court records show.
In that case, surveillance video released by the NYPS shows a man -—later identified by police as Simmons — walking up to the 68-year-old victim and repeatedly slugging him until he falls off his Citi Bike and to the ground.
The clip then shows the mugger rifling through the man’s pockets before running off, leaving the injured victim lying listlessly on the ground.
Simmons was charged in the attack the following month and remained at Riker’s Island on bail of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond — until he posted the bond last month.
Brooklyn Defenders, who represent Simmons in the July case, could not be reached for comment Thursday. State court officials did not immediately respond.